Everette Taylor, Founder and CEO of MilliSense, also leads Growth and Marketing at Microsoft. Previously, Everette was the Chief Marketing Officer for Sticker Mule, and also started the business website GrowthHackers.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/trailblazersfm/EP13-EveretteTaylor.mp3″ title=”TB 13: Everette Taylor – Millisense CEO & Microsoft Growth and Marketing Executive” social_linkedin=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]
In this episode, we discussed:
- [04:00] – Everette’s inspiration to begin his own marketing firm
- [04:55] – Who mentored him in his formative years in business
- [05:53] – Some of the lessons he’s learning right now while building MilliSense
- [07:15] – He talked about a past challenge with GrowthHackers and what he did to overcome that
- [09:00] – We discussed why product market fit is so important to young businesses
- [10:00] – He shared some insight on growth hacks for social media
- [12:00] – What small business owners can begin to do to build their social media communities
- [14:35] – We also talked about how he stays motivated and keeps from getting stuck in comfort zones
- [15:20] – What is on Everette’s vision board for the next 10 years?
Links and resources mentioned:
- Everette on Twitter
- Everette on Instagram
- Google Analytics
- Everette’s Fav App: Google Analytics
- Everette’s Fav Book: Hooked by Nir Eyal & Ryan Hoover
Today, I’m pumped to finally have Everette Taylor on the podcast. He is a young, powerful influencer, Entrepreneur and Marketing Executive. Presently, he is Founder and CEO of MilliSense (named after his mother Millicent) and leads growth and marketing for new projects at Microsoft. Throughout his career, Everette has maintained a strong track record of helping companies grow through creative data-driven marketing. He has been called a“marketing genius” by Forbes, a “marketing star” by Fortune Magazine, a “visionary businessman” by The Huffington Post, and “an innovator who’s changing the consumer marketing game” by Black Enterprise.
Everette formerly served as Chief Marketing Officer for the popular e-commerce company Sticker Mule and also started the business website GrowthHackers with renown entrepreneur Sean Ellis and led marketing for the platform, taking it from zero to a thriving community that catapults the ideas and strategies of today’s marketers to help them think outside of the box and establish their value in the industry.
Thanks for Listening!
We appreciate you visiting our site today and for helping to bring awareness to the Trailblazers.FM podcast.
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to get automatic updates! It’s free!